Vlog Season 01, Episode 23, Greg and I talk about 3 reasons you are feeding into the success of others and diminishing your own ability to fulfill your destiny.
Are you fulfilling your destiny, and building a career with purpose and satisfaction, or are you upholding the successes of others?
Because the fact is, you can fail right in the middle of all of your successes…if you aren’t careful. Taking your passion and turning it into work can easily make you forget why you are doing it. Because, sometimes it just feels like WORK. But, at the core, you effort is part of a grander design and you are taking each step towards your highest created purpose for a reason; because this is what you’ve been called to do.
But, it’s easy to FORGET the reason why you do what you do in the middle of the busyness of the week.
In today’s Vlog, I want to challenge you to do something different. Try forgetting these things instead: the expectations of others, the assumptions other people make about you, and the validation of others doesn’t hold influence on you.
Let’s turn forgetting into an intentional action designed to create focus and upward momentum towards your mission.
Forgetting where I left my keys…now that’s another topic for another day.
In this episode you will learn:
– How fulfilling your destiny, your “why” requires that you forget the expectations and assumptions other people place on you
– Why having people disagree with what you are doing and why you are doing it isn’t a bad thing
– How not FORGETTING expectations and assumptions is just upholding other people’s success
– Why accepting the validation of others is diminishing of your purpose and feeding into their own success
TAKEAWAYS FROM EPISODE 23:
1. To Find Breakthrough, You Must Forget…The Expectations of Others.
- You can fail right in the middle of all of your successes.
- You can succeed in everyone else’s business, but still be a failure in your own life.
- Failing at fulfilling your own needs and satisfaction with your career.
- Basing your success on someone else’s success is never going to create passion.
2. To Find Breakthrough, You Must Forget…The Assumptions of Others.
- Build your own assumptions. Forget about the assumption of others.
- Haters come with the territory.
- It’s easy not to have haters if you are living up to THEIR assumptions.
- If you don’t have people who don’t like what you are doing or assume things about your mission, you aren’t doing it right.
3. To Find Breakthrough, You Must Forget…The Validation of Others.
- Needing the validation of others means you are living for THEIR “why”.
- Influence, power, and money are reasons people define success.
- If that isn’t your definition of success, why are you accepting the validation of others?
Be certain that your actions are designed to fulfill the greatest “why” of your existence, your highest created purpose. Not to fulfill the expectations of others.
Add your comments below: Have you fallen prey to the expectations of others lately? In order to make your purpose rise to the top of your “to do” list, what is it going to require you to do? Start saying no? Start your own business? Become more involved in your community?