Vlog Season 01, Episode 21, Greg and Matt discuss the importance of getting to know your team members both at work and OUTSIDE of the office.
Are you hearing your employee’s passions and interests? Odds are, you are asking yourself, “Why do I care what they do with their time off?”
The short answer is, it is essential to the success of your mission.
The investment you make in understanding your team is essential to building a team that relies upon a shared purpose.
What is the “why” of each person on your team?
If you’ve not experienced this type of relationship(shared purpose) with your team yet, let me tell you, it’s EXCITING. The resistance is removed, momentum is created, and there is an ENERGY unlike anything else.
Until you experience this for yourself, you won’t know how powerful it truly is.
The transaction of a paycheck alone between yourself and your team ISN’T enough to create shared purpose. A valid why must be UNDERSTOOD by both parties.
PAYROLL DOESN’T CREATE PASSION.
Help your team uncover their greatest possible why.
In this episode you will learn:
- Why you should care about your team members OUTSIDE of the office
- Why you must invest in your employees if you expect them to invest in you
- How learning about your employee’s beliefs impacts the success of your mission
TAKEAWAYS FROM EPISODE 21:
1. If You Don’t Understand Your Team…You Can’t Be Understood.
- If you don’t know the things that keep your team up late and get’s them up early, you are NOT going to be understood.
- Your mission won’t be understood.
- And, this will limit the abilities of your team.
2. If You Don’t Care For Your Team…You Cant Be Cared For.
- The reality is we want our team to care about our goals and the corporate mission.
- Your team is thinking that’s YOUR mission.
- Unless you are willing to care about their mission, they won’t care about the shared mission of your business.
3. If You Don’t Understand Their Mission…The Company’s Mission Can’t Be Understood.
- What is their purpose?
- What is their beliefs?
- This must be understood in order to know if your team understands the mission of your team.
4. If You Don’t See…You Won’t Be Seen.
- This is about looking beyond the “stuff.”
- When we see through the surface tension needs, a team bond is created.
- This is the only way to see your team as the individuals they are, helping you achieve success for your mission.
Help your team members uncover and achieve their greatest possible “why”, and become the breakthrough leader you were created to be.
Add your comments below: Have you neglected to really get to know the personal interests and passions of your team? How will you challenge yourself to make this shift in your leadership?