Vlog Season 01, Episode 15, Greg and Matt talk about how being predictable within your leadership can create consistency and success for your team.
When is it good for your leadership to be predictable?
Too often, you can fall into predictable actions that lack clarity towards the mission. In order to chip away at your most important company goals, a common, missional language must exist. Creating a solid foundation for your team requires that the language you speak be predictable and consistent.
Getting on the same page with your team, through predictable language, will create an accelerated momentum towards your most pressing projects. Be predictable in the language of your mission, but don’t get stuck in predictable strategic plans.
In this episode you will learn:
– Why using predictable communication can accelerate your team’s success
– Why the language you speak is crucial to the focus of your team
– How strategic plans can create a loss of momentum
TAKEAWAYS FROM EPISODE 15:
1. The Language of Your Leadership Must…Crystalize.
- Be sure that everyone is crystal clear on the mission.
- Each person must clearly understand what the team is working to accomplish.
- Team communication must be converted to missional language.
2. The Language of Your Leadership Must….Measure.
- Your language should be measurable against the mission.
- In order to remove distractions, you must continue to measure your progress.
- Each outcome and result should be measured against the language of the mission.
3. The Language of Your Leadership Must….Adjust.
- You should do things predictably with language and mission.
- Strategies must change, and adjust. But, the mission does not.
- Be willing to adjust your strategy to support the success of your mission.
- Ask yourself, “Is this strategy accomplishing our mission?”
Add your comments below: What’s a phrase or sentence you are always repeating to your team? How does this support your mission?