In today’s episode (Vlog Season 01, Episode 13), Greg and Matt the power of language and how it impacts the success of your team.
All of your language communicate something. Its essential that you are calling the right plays, and that your team understands the play you are calling. In order to be successful in your business, you must understand the dynamics of the language you are speaking to your team.
You’re calling plays, Whether you realize it or not. Every type of language communicates some type of mission. You have to be certain that your language is working for your mission, not against it.
In this episode you will learn:
– How to pin point any disconnections in your team
– When you should implement a new, shared language
– Why it’s crucial for you to be willing to repeat yourself to your team
TAKEAWAYS FROM EPISODE 13:
1. Watch your language by…listening.
- Listening is essential to hear the type of language your team is using.
- As a leader, you have the obligation to understand where the disconnect is.
- Ask your team to explain what you are hearing.
2. Watch your language by…speaking a new language.
- Speaking a language that only makes sense to you doesn’t work.
- You and your team must have a shared language in order to be on the same page.
- Developing a new, shared language means everyone will understand the mission.
3. Watch your language….by repeating.
- You have to be willing to do repetitious training.
- You can’t dictate it, you have to repeat it.
- There are going to be times when your team is not on the same page, but repetitive training can change that.
Add your comments below: Do you feel responsible for the communication within your team? When someone just “doesn’t get it,” what is the next step you would take?