Have you ever heard of the TV show “The Bachelor” on ABC? Odds are if you aren’t a fan of the show, you’ve at least heard of its existence. Or, maybe you’ve even watched a few episodes when the channel changer wasn’t in your possession.
That’s because a single episode of “The Bachelor” can pull in as many as 9 million viewers. That’s right NINE MILLION.
Why is it so easy to collectively be obsessed about TV and so difficult to be excited, passionate, and motivated about business?
Here’s the short version of the answer: it starts with you. YOU the leader.
You have to be OBSESSED about why you do what you do. That obsession will make waves in your team and your passion for the mission will become contagious.
And, your passionately obsessive leadership will soon enough shift the pre-meeting conversation from the likes of TV shows like “The Bachelor” to exciting, new, and creative ideas about your current projects.
It time to change the conversation within your team.
Get passionate…GET OBSESSED, and watch your team transform from churning out small ideas to creating BIG momentum.
In this episode you will learn:
– Why the power of obsession is so easily present in every thing BESIDES business
– How your obsession for the “why” of your mission can change your team
– Why when you’re truly obsessive the mission becomes the #1 priority in the office for your entire team
TAKEAWAYS FROM EPISODE 19:
1. As the Leader…You MUST be obsessive.
- There has to be an obsession.
- The addiction, the passion, the energy created by an audacious shared obsession will become the passion your team is really looking for.
- When you’re truly obsessed, nobody can distract you from your mission.
2. As the Leader…You MUST be creative.
- Any powerful “why” in your life won’t be a gimme.
- NOTHING can foster creativity better than an obsessive “why.”
- Problem solving starts when your reason to solve it is powerful.
3. As the Leader…You MUST be courageous.
- Every big “why” on any movie takes people where they would have never gone before.
- A powerful “why” drives people to face tasks and climb to greater heights than they thought possible.
- Your team will move out of their comfort zones in order to achieve the mission.
Nobody can define why for you, but it’s worth pursuing. Don’t settle for any “why” that isn’t obsessive. If it’s obsessive, it will drive your team to creativity and courageousness that will power you to breakthrough.
Add your comments below: What is one thing that you wish your team was obsessed with? What’s the why you want them to be obsessive about?