Today’s leadership video is Part 2 in our multi-segment interview series with John Nimmo, the owner of Southern Real Estate Group and Keynote Speaker with Leadershiplived.com.
In Part 1, Greg and John discussed how asking the right questions, in order to discover and resolve the needs of others, has all but vanished in the business world. If you haven’t watched Part 1, you will find that video here: click here to watch Part 1.
As we continue this conversation about the power of asking questions with John, Part 2 digs deeper into the role intentional, genuine questions play in successful business relationships.
In this episode you will learn:
– Why it’s important that you identify your God given gifts
– Why empathic listening is a powerful tool that you MUST utilize
– Why your client SHOULD be the center of your business world, not YOU
– How vesting yourself in other people creates business relationships that last a lifetime
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
1. Asking Questions is…Just One Side of the Equation.
- The intent of ASKING questions in a discovery process is to:
- Establish congruency
- Create influence
- Add value
- And, when applicable, get the sale!
2. Asking Questions is…the First Step to Creating Value.
- You must provide a benefit that is worth an exchange of dollars.
- Part of that process is vesting yourself in other people.
3. Asking Questions is…the Catalyst to Long Term Business Relationships
- Can the simple mechanism of asking the right questions exponentially change your business and your life?
- We tend to think…I know you need what I have, so my job is to CONVINCE you that I have what you need.
- And, we end up smothering a situation with words instead of listening.
- Asking the right questions and listening to the needs of others establishes life-long relationships.
- Spread your net narrow and deep RATHER than far and shallow.