In today’s episode, Greg talks with John Nimmo, the owner of Southern Real Estate Group and Keynote Speaker with Leadershiplived.com, about why asking the right questions is crucial to success.
When is the last time someone, in business, has asked you a carefully crafted question that revealed a need or a problem? Asking the right questions, in order to discover and resolve the needs of others, has vanished in the business world. And yet, the power this technique holds is explosive.
In this episode you will learn:
– Why asking great questions is a forgotten art
– How the questions you ask can be genuine and yet strategic
– Why it’s important to ask questions that challenges the beliefs of others
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
#1. Asking questions is…a powerful tool of discovery.
- Giving influence by asking strategic questions is a valuable business tool.
- Don’t make accusations, rather ask questions that challenge other’s beliefs.
#2. Asking questions is…the only way to solve the needs of others.
- Everyone wants affirmation and accreditation
- We all want to be valued.
- In order to solve a need, you have to ask the right questions.
#3. Asking questions is…a biblical truth.
- In the new testament alone, Jesus asked over 100 questions.
- Jesus asked simple, repetitious questions to bring to light the beliefs of others.
Add your comments below: How has asking the right questions, that are both genuine and strategic, affected the quality of your business relationships?