I t’s my party and I’ll cry if I want to! This week I kicked over another decade and I wasn’t excited about it! So I’m ranting!
You know by now, I’m a bit passionate.
But what most people don’t see is the lows.
-The times I question everything.
-The SPLASHES of fear that I’m not making an impact that matters in the world and that one more Birthday has passed and nothing changed.
The danger of writing about a topic like Head-Trash is that if you’re not careful, you think you’ve got it figured out. Sure, I have systems and I take my own medicine… but I’m also an unwitting victim more often than I’d like to admit.
That’s why I reach out to you. Not because I want something from you, but because I have the crazy notion that we can help each other. I believe that you know things, have experiences and unique insight that will leverage benefit to my network and my impact before I’m dead. And maybe I can do the same for you.
I am crazy enough to believe we can make a difference… together.
Don’t worry… I’m not dying (that I know of).
On the other hand (head trash spoke up) I’m definitely dying, I just don’t know when. That gives me two sensations (can you relate?).
• First… a sense of urgency.
• Second… a sense of futility.
Then I have to choose.
• What’s my Definition of Success?
• What’s the ONE THING that will matter to me when I’m closing my eyes that last time? (don’t mean to be morbid).
• What’s the thing I want to be known for……
• AND WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH BIRTHDAY HEAD TRASH????
I had a birthday on the 16th. I didn’t want to. It came too fast and passed too fast. I got a few hundred messages from friends and Facebook profiles… I appreciated them but it marked something that makes me crazy every time.
It made me ask a question that puts me in the Twilight Zone. (if you want to hear more about that, you can check it out on YouTube or my Podcast – The No Head Trash Nation).
• Did something measurable occur during the past year?
• Did I gain experience or just repeat experiences I’d already had?
Being honest… it was a little of both.
• I fought the same Head-Trash issues
• I got about 10% of the traction I probably could have if it weren’t for the loops
• I made some new friends, built some community, connected with more honesty. (check that box)
• I established a little more ATROCITY in my brain to pull me forward.
I”m only sending this email for one reason.
I want to invite you to become what you’re capable of.
I want to invite you to connect.
I want to invite you to the conversation.
HERE’S WHAT I DO – if you’re interested.
If you’ve read this far, I appreciate it. What I do isn’t for everyone. Sure, I coach, speak, teach, write and all that, but where I am the most effective is in small groups.
I build groups of MEN (sorry Ladies) who are Christian Leaders looking to network with other Christian Leaders… and get REAL about breaking free from the Head-Trash.
• It’s not a bible study
• It’s not a book study -although we do use some books
• It’s all about leadership and business in the real world, but never separating it from our faith. (Note: they are NOT in competition, believe it or not)
I have a hunger to connect with men who want to get real (not churchy) about life, leadership, business and be able to talk in a safe zone about crap they can’t talk about anywhere else. It starts with a conversation with me to see if we’re a good fit for each other. Kind of a coaching session, if that’s ok.
I call this “Practice Zone Leadership”. We’ve established a safe place to practice leadership and have the conversations with men across the country you can’t have with anyone else, no matter how well-meaning they might be.
Thanks for letting me share. If you’d like to know more, connect with me on Facebook, Messenger, email by responding to this message and we’ll figure out a chance to chat.
I don’t something from you. I want something FOR you. I want to build your network and mine with Christian Leaders so we can support, promote and network. I believe together we are UNSTOPPABLE.
Let’s talk. Feel free to share this with a friend. Birthdays are happening and it’s time to LIVE without regret. Let’s do it in the Practice Zone.
Grab a free ADVANCE copy of my new book, “Circumstances Lie” at https://btlm.co/freebook
JOIN the No Head-Trash Nation at Facebook Group – https://btlm.co/TheNationOnFacebook
PODCAST – https://btlm.co/Podcast
LinkedIn – https://btlm.co/LinkedIn
Twitter – https://btlm.co/twitter
Instagram – The No Head Trash Nation
YouTube – http://bit.ly/BT-YouTube