Read the Transcript
You can download a complete transcript of today’s episode by clicking the button below.
In today’s episode (Vlog Season 01, Episode 08), Greg and Matt discuss how to identify the root of negative issues that are effecting your team and your business.
Are you zoned-in so much, each day, that you can’t see the real issues preventing you from accomplishing your goals? How do you see the bigger picture? If you don’t know your enemy, any old enemy will do.
When you live in the moment and make “putting out fires” your focus, you aren’t working inside of your mission. By using a missional lens, missional language, and missional trends, you can fight against distraction and start fighting for your mission.
If you are a leader who’s having issues getting the drama out of the way of your team’s progress, you need to give your attention to this Breakthrough Leadership Video.
In this episode you will learn:
– How to use your mission to filter out distractions
– How to know exactly when you’re not getting to the core of a team issue
– What to do when your common enemy is working against your company goals
TAKEAWAYS FROM EPISODE 08:
#1. Evaluate your Common Enemy through… the lens of your mission.
- You must know your mission.
- Everything else besides your mission is just a distraction.
- Look through the lens of your mission to filter out those distractions.
- Each day evaluate whether you are working towards the mission or getting off course with a momentary distraction.
#2. Evaluate your Common Enemy through… the language of your mission.
- Train your ear to spot divisions inside your organization by listening to the language of your team.
- Anytime the language is “us versus them” a common enemy is present and must be identified.
- Either you win as a team, or not at all.
#3. Evaluate your Common Enemy through…negative trends within your team.
- Your common enemy is an enemy of positive trends in your business.
- Don’t let “putting out fires” and resistance distract you from getting to the root of your common enemy.
- Enemies of the trend can not be allowed to persist.
Add your comments below. Are you ready to fight for your mission? What is distracting you from your mission today? As you look through your mission as a lens, what common enemies come into focus?