Read the Transcript
You can download a complete transcript of today’s episode by clicking the button below.
Everyone on your team looks to you for answers and direction. Sometimes, you get caught up in meeting everyone’s needs and forget how far your influence extends beyond the moment. The influence you have within your company culture echoes back into all aspects of your company’s growth and success.
Your company culture should support your mission. Take personal responsibility for the impact you have within your team.
If you want to lead your team to success, watch today’s breakthrough video.
In this episode you will learn:
– Why your influence as a leader is greater than you think
– How your indirect impact can be used against you
– How to leverage the power of both your direct and indirect influence
TAKEAWAYS FROM EPISODE 10:
1. The Indirect Impact of Your Words…defines the mission of your culture.
- The impact of your words extends beyond spoken words.
- The written words within your team – including branding – have an influence on your environment.
- Select your words based on the culture you want to create for your team.
2. The Indirect Impact of Your Actions…dictates respect, passion, and purpose.
- How you take action effects the process and the end result.
- Think through, in detail, the steps you want to take before you act.
- Your actions hold massive leverage within your leadership.
3. The Indirect Impact of Your Decisions…communicates consistency to your team.
- If you want your team to make great decisions, you have to create that example through your own decisions.
- When your decisions put the mission first, your team will also start to make decisions that put mission first.
4. The Indirect Impact of Your Priorities…demonstrates your beliefs clearly.
- Everyone in your organization will know what you believe through the priorities you demonstrate within team and to your clients.
- If your team knows what they can expect from you, through your priorities, you can leverage the indirect impact of forward facing priorities.
Add your comments below: Consider the results of your influence lately. What are some indirect impacts you see happening in your team? How could you leverage these 4 channels of influence to impact your company culture?