10 No Head-Trash Health Tips for the Holidays
In this Episode we’re discussing the 10 Holiday Health Tips from the “No Head-Trash Health Coach”.
Don’t get me wrong, I love the holidays and what they stand for, but I can’t help feeling that the emotions I’m more familiar with are expectations, guilt, duty and regret.
They are like a blur, combined with a comatose hangover of EXCESS.
So let me give you 10 Holiday Health Tips that I believe can make an amazing difference in your Holiday Experience and ACCELERATE your Health Objectives at the same time…
Holidays… actually getting healthier? Not gaining weight? Feeling NO GUILT?
Yes that’s what I’m talking about and it starts right here.
- Know your DoS
- Paint the picture in advance. HAVE A PLAN – Manage the decision making process.
- FLASH on that feeling, that result you’re interested in.
- Practice it out loud morning and night.
- Identify your enemies
- Share your Tribal Signal – people must know – have an accountability plan
- Text someone a picture of your plate and plan to talk about it
- Thrive in your own successes, not excesses
- Focus and prioritize on what matters most.
- Make decisions in advance
- Never go to an event hungry
- Be prepared – take healthy options with you
- Be intentional about alcohol
- Wear form fitting clothes
- Plan MOTION after the meal.
- Take small bites and don’t eat in a hurry
- Fill your plate with good stuff first
- Don’t keep Kryptonite in your house but set realistic expectations.
- Celebrate relationships, not food –
- Make new traditions
- Act like a scientist – evaluate your trades and your actions – Law of Sacrifice
- Be in a fat burn prior to big holiday meals – be in a deficit
- Be an example – take on the identity that people will admire and will set an example.
- First they will make fun of you. Later they will ask how you did it.